Winter is just around the corner and it’s time to start thinking about winterizing your Airstream trailer. As the air gets colder and the temperature drops, it’s important to take the necessary steps to keep your trailer in top shape during the harsh winter months. One of the first things you should do is get a professional service to include a water blowout. This ensures that all of your plumbing lines are free from water, which can freeze and cause damage to your system.
Important Steps To Complete A Proper Water Blowout
- Drain the fresh water storage tanks. Turn on all the faucets and blow out all water lines and water heater storage tank and let them drain until the water stops flowing. Frozen water can damage lines.
- Drain gray water (shower/sink water) tanks. Always empty the black water tank first, then the gray water tank. Only do so at approved dump stations.
- Close the cold and hot water valves at the water heater.
- We blow out all water lines with compressed air. We use this method so you won’t have the taste of antifreeze.
- Never use automobile antifreeze; it is poisonous and should not be introduced to your water lines. RV antifreeze is non-toxic.
- Pour RV antifreeze into each of the sinks (to keep the P-traps from freezing) tub, and toilet (to prevent ice from forming)
We Go The Extra Mile With Our State-Of-The-Art Airstream Winterizing Service
One aspect that sets our service apart is our dedication to prevention. We understand that even small issues can quickly escalate into major problems if left untreated during the colder months. That’s why we don’t just focus on basic tasks like draining water lines or adding antifreeze.
At VARR, delivering exceptional customer service is at the core of everything we do. It’s crucial to have all systems checked before winter hits. This includes inspecting your electrical connections, propane lines, and heating system. It’s better to address any potential issues now rather than waiting until the first snow fall and arrival of the freezing temperatures. By having everything checked now, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your Airstream will be ready for whatever Mother Nature throws its way.
VARR Airstream Winterizing Service Include
- Water Blowout
- All Systems Checked
- Electrical Systems
- Empty and Flush the Black Water (sewage) Tanks
- Drain Gray Water (shower/sink water) Tanks
- Drain Fresh Water Tanks
- Drain All Pipes
So Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late
Taking the time to properly winterize your Airstream trailer not only protects your investment but also keeps you safe on the road when spring comes around again. Remember that prevention is key when it comes to avoiding costly repairs caused by cold weather conditions. So don’t wait until it’s too late – schedule a service that includes a thorough water blowout and system check today!
Call Gene for more detailed information on Airstream Winterizing.